2018 was full of many interesting applications and games.
Just a figure 27.4 billion is a really big number, but when it is the number of application downloads from Google Play and the App Store, such data is impressive.
Comparing to 2017 the number of downloads from App Store increased by 1.5% in 2018 and from Google Play by 16%.
Game developers tried to amaze the players. And now we are presenting the TOP-20 games that conquered the world in 2018, some of them with the number of installations of 50+ millions. The games are almost equally distributed between the App Store and Google Play.
- These games should be highlighted:
- Garena Free Fire has shown a good result, they have hit TOP-5 games
- Success in Russia, Brazil, India, Mexico and Southeast Asia brought it around 60 million installations
- Paper.io 2 is ranked first in the Q3 and Q4
- Helix Jump, which was the leader of the Q1, and in the Q4 moved to the 3rd place
- PUBG Mobile – The best game of all quarters 2018 in the App Store held its position despite installs downgrade.
- Supercell’s Brawl Stars declared themselves in a soft launch in early December and entered the TOP-8 in the Q4
- Helix Jump was top-of-the-line in Google Play for three consecutive quarters
- My Talking Tom 2 was released globally in November and successfully took Top-4 in Google Play.
Now we are proceeding to the list of publishers who showed cool game projects in 2018.
Such publishers are noted:
- ByteDance became the leading publisher in the Chinese market bypassing Tencent and was ranked the 4th in the world
- Lion Studios started their Q1 with 5 million downloads and Q4 brought 163 million downloads
- Amazon Alexa moved Amazon to the 8th place of the world leaders in the App Store
- Good Job Games publisher from Turkey was able to get to the TOP-20, thanks to Swing Star, Slices, and Color Bump 3D projects
- Google Play increased their downloads by 25% compared to Q3, hitting the 2nd place
Is people’s curiosity about games going down? Games downloads in 2018 in the App Store dropped by 1.3%. The Q4 showed lower figures compared to the Q2 of 2017. Shopping bypassed downloads of social networks applications by 11%, it is a record data compared to 2017.
Downloading games on Google Play only grew by 36% in 2018 compared to 2017. Social network category grew by 53% in Google Play compared to 2017. This change was due to the growth of social networking apps in India.
Source of information – Sensor Tower.