Head of Unreal Engine Department
Stepico is searching for an experienced and responsible Head of Unreal Engine Department to spearhead the creation of the new stream and department from the ground up. The department head will be responsible for hiring new developers, accepting, adjusting, and maintaining department KPI metrics, and coordinating closely with CTO and production team to build an Unreal development team that can deliver quality and cost-effective games.
Our company values
- Passion for games;
- Creating innovative projects;
- A policy of open communication;
- Strong appreciation of your performance;
- Competence development;
- Comfort and well-being of our employees.
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine including in depth knowledge of Blueprint;
- Excellent C++ skills;
- Solid experience working with real-time engines.
- Experience working with game-related algorithms, approaches and data structures;
- Experience creating or leading the creation of gaming project architecture;
- Experience managing technical team;
- At least one mid or large gaming project delivered to production/publishing as Unreal team or technical lead.
Will be a plus
- Experience with environment or CI/CD scripting with Bash, Ruby or Python;
- Love for games and gaming as hobby.
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis;
- Artistically as well as technically inclined;
- An understanding of basic cinematography principles;
- Strong teamwork ethic;
- Self-motivated and proactive;
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player;
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Screen and hire Unreal developers according to hiring requirements;
- Accept, implement and monitor department and personal KPIs;
- Create (or oversee the creation of) and maintain department documentation regarding development flows and practices, technical knowledge base and technical project documentation;
- Support the project teams with the technical implementation in Unreal Engine;
- Help drive the planning for Unreal team;
- Create and debug blueprints, shader and materials graphs throughout production;
- Create and debug custom C++ blueprint nodes and or C++ scripts;
- Be responsible for the overall performance of the department;
- Help mentor the developers on the team;
- Communicate closely with leads of other departments to request and facilitate resources required to deliver products;
- Work with leadership towards the growth of the department.
What will you get with Stepico
- Competitive salaries are regularly reviewed based on professional growth;
- Flexible working hours and remote working;
- 18 working days of paid time off;
- 5 paid sick leaves (without doctor’s notes);
- Life event support system (extra paid days off and financial compensation);
- Physical activities: basketball, football, yoga, massage;
- English classes;
- Art classes;
- Compensation for external conferences/ workshops/ events;
- Full employment;
- Fun corporate events.