Unity Technical Lead
Stepico is a team of enthusiasts who are in love with their work. Each employee of our company is passionate about games, and a friendly atmosphere always reigns in our team. We are constantly growing, following the latest trends in the industry, and creating innovative projects. And our secret is in our careful attitude towards each employee.
Our company values
- Passion for games;
- Creating innovative projects;
- A policy of open communication;
- Strong appreciation of your performance;
- Competence development;
- Comfort and well-being of our employees.
- 4+ years of recent practical experience with Unity3D;
- At least 6 months experience as Technical Lead;
- Sprint retrospective to understand mistakes that were made since initial planning, validate if they created additional technical debt, evaluate if they are caused by members of the technical team, poor task decomposition or bad planning. Result of this analysis must be shared with the PM or coordinator for future mitigation;
- Sprint planning and grooming are to discuss, validate decomposition of tasks and put them into the sprint backlog. Technical lead must help the PM/coordinator stay within the team’s velocity and plan including bugs and other risks;
- In case of daily blockers and other problems, technical lead should in a timely manner raise issues with the PM and (possibly) product owner to contain and plan around these issues. Lead acts as a partner to PM/coordinator and they together do whatever required to deliver proper product without resource runaway.
- Desire to create cool games good team player;
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Transform project owner’s requests or user stories into tasks for technical team. Make sure, that resulting tasks are at the optimal decomposition level and contain all the description and documentation links;
- Assign technical tasks from the sprint on a developer who is the best fit (based on skill set and velocity);
- Oversee that a technical team (client-side and backend) performs within project’s architecture and development best practices (of the project or company) and adheres to standard development flow;
- Control architecture on the project, make sure it can support planned scalability and act in case of any possible compromise or future proofing doubts;
- Control and monitor creation of project’s technical documentation and make sure it is kept up-to-date;
- Govern and report technical debt status of the project. Try to contain it and act on it;
- Make (or escalate) technical decisions on the project (as long as they fall within company’s best practices) ;
- Serve as a face of the technical team internally and externally, represent their requirements and flows to project’s and the company’s best interest;
- Provide technical advice and assistance to project’s coordinators, scrum masters and PMs.
How will you grow professionally with Stepico
- Regular development meetings where you can sync with peer and senior developers and discuss our work, solutions and future improvements;
- Ability to work on an internal toolchain. Whenever you see the ability to improve, extend or add to our solutions, all sound ideas are welcome to be incorporated;
- Ability to influence projects – we are a dynamic and young team. Any grounded changes and improvements to the project, any discussion with your experienced colleagues are welcomed and will be incorporated according to the team’s feedback.
What will you get with Stepico
- Competitive salaries are regularly reviewed based on professional growth;
- Flexible working hours and remote working;
- 18 working days of paid time off;
- 5 paid sick leaves (without doctors notes);
- Life event support system (extra paid days off and financial compensation);
- Physical activities: basketball, football, yoga, massage;
- English classes;
- Art classes;
- Compensation for external conferences/ workshops/ events;
- Full employment;
- Fun corporate events.
- Highly skilled at communicating issues to varied audiences: managers, engineers, artist.